New moms can be anxious about to get back their pre-pregnancy body, but that is not easy to get back unless you follow certain tips to speed up the process in order to rejuvenate and tighten loose skin after pregnancy.
What Is A Pregnancy Pouch?
In order for the baby to find a place in the womb, your abdomen stretches a bit more during the 9 months of pregnancy. It is normal that your belly skin will sag after all of this time, but it will eventually come back to its original shape.
How Soon Does Skin Tighten Back?
That depends on how active you were while pregnant, but also on several reasons such as your genes, gained weight and bone structure.
If you are someone who regularly was active during pregnancy, there are likely more chances to get to your original shape faster.
9 Effective Tips For After Pregnancy Belly Skin Tightening
Want to gain your shiny body back? Here are some amazing tips to help you tighten your skin after giving birth:
- Increase Your Water Intake:
The key to tightening loose skin is about maintaining elasticity, which depends on staying hydrated. This can only happen if you ensure that you properly drink water at least eight cups per day.
Water isn’t only good at keeping your skin elastic but also helps:
- Your body to burn calories
- Reduces water retention in your abdomen.
- Breastfeeding Is Essential:
Breastfeeding has several benefits for you and your baby. When you breastfeed your newborn, it helps you lose weight and tighten loose skin. Since your body uses a large amount of calories to consume everyday to produce milk. Therefore, your body relies on fewer calories as fat and may use your existing fat to continue the milk production process.
- Exercise Helps:
Indulging some exercising routine is essential if you want to burn some calories and strengthen your stomach muscles.
- First, make sure to consult a doctor to give the green pass.
- Start off by light exercising like meditation, walking and postpartum yoga.
- Try aerobics and cardio to work on your abdomen.
- Consume Proteins:
Consuming protein is a key part in the muscle growth for several reasons. First, because it has an essential nutrient called collagen which is direct reason in firming the skin. Second, the more you exercise and active you’re to more your protein intake is, therefore you at least need to consume 50grams of protein.
- Exfoliate Your Skin:
Removing the dead cells from the surface, exfoliation, is good for your skin as it:
- Promotes new skin growth, resulting in a healthier and tighter than old surface skin.
- Improves blood circulation to the surface layers of your skin, which increases skin regeneration and promotes elasticity.
- Use Of Lotions And Massage:
Plenty of creams and lotions exists that contains collagen and several vitamins like E and C and they are good for skin tightening and blood flow
It is advised to apply these products on loose skin and you can massage with lotion at least twice a day.
- No To Crash Dieting:
If you want to maintain good body, make sure to follow a healthy dieting habit. Strict diet causes losing weight faster but not permanently, therefore it’s better to follow a diet gradually to give your body time to adjust and follow the rhythm of a healthy food instead of starving yourself.
- Take Up Strength Training
When you gain weight too fast, you will lose both fat and muscle. When you lose muscle, you cause your body to lose its ability to maintain a tight and fit shape. It also reduces your metabolism and makes losing weight even harder. In order to maintain muscle tone, make sure to include weight exercises for more tightening effects.
Strength training will help you reduce weight and get a healthier body.
- Keep A Healthy Mind:
Tightening your loose skin after pregnancy is a hard thing to deal, but in order to see great results you’ll need to clear out your mind, keep the high spirit and maintain a healthy state of mind.
To find the best mental state make sure to:
- To be patient — because your body just went through so much pain
- Always practice deep breathing when you are frustrated
- Listen and dance to your favorite music
- Enjoy your outdoor walks
Always keep in mind:
- For the past 9 months, you had the angel you have right and focus on the moment you spend with your baby and feel proud of yourself.
- Give yourself some time to indulge in the process and don’t over think about it.
- Never forget that you are feeding your baby, so eating healthy will not only benefit him/her but also you to reach your wanted body shape.
Newborn arrives and you’ll be carried away with them. But you should never neglect yourself as you can still find time to take care of your physical and mental health. Following a healthy diet, creating skin routines and staying hydrated will definitely help you tighten your loose skin after pregnancy.